Thursday, January 8, 2009

Craftster -- my latest web obsession

I've been in a crafty cycle lately. I picked up crocheting back in October and have since turned out scarves, hats and a ton of amigurumi creatures -- with varying levels of success. Though my girls seem to really like the creatures, I've strangely started making things solely with the intent of putting them on Craftster to see what kind of reaction they get.

Though it's been overwhelmingly positive, the funny thing is the things I think will get the most comments usually get the least and vice versa. For instance, I made this fairly traditional bookmark for a friend for Christmas and it's had a lot of comments.

This jellyfish, however, that I made from a melted CD-ROM and crochet, got only one mild kudo. Oh well, Mine is not to wonder why, as they say. At any rate, my Craftster obsession inspired me to write an eHow article about the site, since a search didn't turn up any already posted. You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment